My Failed Attempt to Take Spring Photos at Gyejoksan Mountain

DSC02383
At the base of Gyejoksan

The last Sunday of March was a perfect day to describe springtime in Korea.  The temperature was nice and warm (with a bit of fine dust in the air, of course) and the subtle breeze cooled off the heat from brightening sunlight.  With the weather being so wonderful, my instinct led me to gyejok-san (계족산: Gyejok Mountain) located at the outskirts of Daedeok-gu, Daejeon.  I got on the bus with hopes of facing a beautiful scenery filled with spring flowers and sprouts but unfortunately most of the mountain was still dark and grey with very little traces of colorfulness.

I only got to explore the base of the mountain as I ran out of time and the sun started to set earlier than I expected.  I did manage to see some flowers but I think it would still take another week or two before the mountain becomes greener.

DSC02376

map_daejeon01

Map taken from Greencity Daejeon

The trail is part of a 133km loop that circles the city called Daejeon Dulesangil (대전 둘레산길).  They have divided the trail into twelve different sections and the part that includes Gyejok Mountain is the fifth trail.  This would definitely go on my Daejeon bucket list to explore the entire trail by foot.

It is also known that Gyejoksan is one of the most popular destinations to watch nightscape of Daejeon.  I might have failed to take springy photos but next time I shall give a try on taking night views of my hometown.

Advertisements

9 thoughts on “My Failed Attempt to Take Spring Photos at Gyejoksan Mountain

1. Michael Williams April 1, 2015 / 10:04 PM

Sounds like a place I might have to visit. I notice that all of the parks and mountains look so grey and dead. I hope the color returns soon.

Liked by 1 person

• yMoon April 1, 2015 / 10:15 PM

Rain is in the forecast all week so hopefully things will change by next week 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• Michael Williams April 1, 2015 / 10:19 PM

I looked up that place. It’s a little far from Suwon. But I will make it out there. Have you been to Seoraksan National Park? The mountains there look they’d make some great photos.

Liked by 1 person

• yMoon April 1, 2015 / 10:23 PM

My mom told me that she took me to Seoraksan when I was a kid but I have no memory xD I heard Seoraksan is beautiful year around.. I think it’s one of the top 3 highest mountains in Korea. Must see 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Yuna April 2, 2015 / 5:21 PM

the failed attempt still looks nice though. 🙂
    Ah, you add more to my Korea’s list. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• yMoon April 2, 2015 / 5:46 PM

Thanks Yuna! I miss your posts on Indonesia as well – I guess you’re busy nowadays?

Liked by 1 person

• Yuna April 2, 2015 / 5:51 PM

You are welcome yMoon, yes, I’m quite busy nowadays, and I’m blogwalking to have a brief break. I really have so much to post, but still haven’t had time to do it. Thank you for your support. 🙂

Your posts is kind of refresher to me. ❤ 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• yMoon April 2, 2015 / 6:05 PM

Aw, try not to burn yourself out. Hope to see you back in action soon 🙂

• Yuna April 13, 2015 / 5:40 PM

Hi yMoon,
        thank you for your kind words. That means a lot for me. Looks like business takes over me for awhile.
        Hope you enjoy Spring. 🙂