[Living in Daejeon] A Charity for Single Mothers at Daecheongho Lake

On a beautiful Wednesday evening, my parents and I were invited to a charity event held at a gallery by the lake.  The Bohm Gallery is located at the outskirts of Daejeon overlooking the Lake Daecheongho – a man-made lake that was created in 1980 when the Daecheong Dam was constructed.

DSC03717

The gallery is a small two-storey building but high ceiling and skylight make the inside seem bigger and brighter.  We came in through the upstairs entrance where it was equipped with tiny cafe, gift shop and a sitting area with lovely chairs and bookcases. (The cafe sells one of the best-tasting latte in Daejeon by the way)

DSC03709

DSC03715

Inside the gallery was filled with food, drinks, and crafted goods available for purchase.  Mom bought a beautiful handmade broach and a pocket mirror crafted by single mothers participating in the event.

DSC03724

DSC03728

The theme of the night is “music, wine, and fashion”.  Students from Pai Chai University and Daeduk College have donated their talents for the event and prepared the performance of collaborated live music and fashion show.

DSC03749

DSC03754

The fashion show was better than I expected.  The host explained that the showcased pieces were highly praised by critics from Middle East and I could easily understand why.  The feminine texture and exotic use of colors seem like referenced from Middle Eastern textile.

DSC03761

DSC03763

The atmosphere around the gallery at night was more elegant with extra lightings gleaming in the dark.  My mother was especially excited to have found such a jewel in the city.  She promised herself that she would return for another cup of coffee and a walk along the lakeshore. Daecheong Lake is also famous for the bike lane that runs around the lake.  Once I get more used to my new bike I shall challenge myself to bike the third largest lake in South Korea.

Advertisements

9 thoughts on “[Living in Daejeon] A Charity for Single Mothers at Daecheongho Lake

1. Yuna April 29, 2015 / 9:14 AM

Indeed a jewel. ❤ I especially like the first dress at your picture. So elegant. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• yMoon April 29, 2015 / 2:41 PM

I loved the evening dresses as well. So exotic 🙂

• Yuna April 29, 2015 / 2:59 PM

Indeed!! 🙂
        You changed your profile picture. Nice. *thumbs up*

• yMoon April 29, 2015 / 4:31 PM

I did! haha thanks for noticing 🙂

• Yuna April 29, 2015 / 5:18 PM

I know it because I just follow your instagram account and you use the same picture. Kekekekeke. A girl (woman actually) nature, noticing such things. LOL.

Liked by 1 person

• yMoon April 29, 2015 / 9:32 PM

Hehe, very keen ><

2. Marie Ghislaine December 21, 2016 / 3:04 PM

Hello! Thank you for your post! I am a PhD student from France, I’m going to Daejeon next month and I’m single mother!! So I’m happy that such organizations exist, I will try to join them once my korean will be good enough. If you can give me any details about this organization and how can I contact them, please feel free!!